Baby Shower Planning Ideas
Perfect Baby Shower Planning Ideas!
ForBrideandBaby.com features a huge selection of party supplies for planning a baby shower. Check out all that the web has to offer with our side-by-side comparisons of baby shower invitations, baby shower themes, themes for twins and triplets, decorations and some of the cutest party games we’ve ever seen! Our team has loved putting these fun ideas together for you and answering your questions about planning a baby shower. Have Fun!
We’d love to help you plan your next Baby shower. Baby Showers are meant to be memorable, joyous occasions for the Mommy-To-Be and her guests. A baby shower is a happy occasion, a time to celebrate a new life. While it was once traditional to throw a shower for only the first baby, there are now showers for every baby, including adopted bundles of joy! After all, every baby is special!
Some frequently asked questions about planning a baby shower:
So who throws the shower?
- The baby shower planning begins with determining who will host the shower. Traditionally a member from either side of the family hosts the baby shower. Today, it is common for a best friend, co-worker, or group of friends to throw the Mommy-To-Be a shower! Sometimes the parents to be will have multiple baby showers hosted by each side of the family, their friends, or even their softball team.
When to have the baby shower?
- It is traditional to have a baby shower a few months prior to the baby’s due date. You don’t want to have the shower too close to the due date in case the baby comes early. Be sure Mommy-To-Be has enough time to setup her registry for the gifts she wants. The extra time before the baby arrives gives the parents to be time to set up all the wonderful baby shower gifts they received.
Who should be invited to the baby shower?
- If you’re hosting the shower, consult with the Mommy-To-Be before finalizing the list, to avoid leaving out someone important or inviting someone the mom (or dad) would rather not include.Make sure to give the guests a few weeks to purchase the baby gifts so send invites as far in advance as possible.
Baby Shower Invitations & Decorations
- If you are going to have a baby shower theme, decide right away so that your invitations and decorations match your theme. There are a variety of themes for baby showers anywhere from Noah’s Ark to vintage alphabet blocks or farm animals. It’s not necessary to have a theme, however it gives you a nice way of tying the party together.
What are the Most Popular Baby Shower Themes
- Baby Showers are meant to be casual and fun, so go ahead….use paper plates, napkins, cups and tablecloths. There are so many choices of shower themes available, you’ll have trouble picking just one!
What about the Baby Shower Menu?
- It is customary to serve food and beverages at the baby shower. The time you hold the shower and the overall theme will help you determine the menu. A Sunday Brunch is a nice time for a baby shower, with a menu that includes fresh fruits and yogurt, banana or blueberry pancakes, cinnamon rolls or other pastries served buffet style. Serving finger foods is a great way for guests to nibble and try different things and help them to mingle. During the spring or summer you might also have a casual buffet launch featuring a delicious make ahead fruit salad.
- A baby shower cake is a wonderful centerpiece. A cute cake idea is a baby quilt cake. The quilt concept is perfect and if you don’t feel like spending hours decorating, most bakeries offer them.
What Baby Shower Games and Activities Should You Plan?
- It’s traditional at a baby shower to have a few games and activities, and many baby shower guests actually look forward to these with enthusiasm! Here are some classic activities that you could include:
Baby Shower Bingo
Guess the birth date
Guess the baby food flavor
Guess Mommy-To-Be’s girth
We also love printable games. Easy and always a hit, personalized shower games can be downloaded and printed from your home computer.
What Types of Baby Shower Favors Are Available?
Don’t forget the baby shower favors! The trend today is personalization and or edible party favors. Many traditional favors are being customized with the mother-to-be or baby’s name or with other fun shower details. Check out these personalized shower cookies.
What About the Baby Shower Gifts?
- Today there are so many wonderful and unique choices for a baby shower gift. You could go traditional like a baby gift set, stroller or layette or something more modern like a catering service to help the new parents during those first few weeks after baby comes home.
- Baby Shower Favors – Loot Bag Ideas and More! (forbrideandbaby.com)
- Mariah Carey Won’t Forget Baby Shower (inquisitr.com)