Tubs, Gates and Bath Accessories
Baby’s Bath Tubs, Gates and Accessories
Giving your baby their first bath can be a terrifying experience.That’s while you’ll need all the latest model tubs, gates and safety accessories.
Bathing Your Newborn
Don’t let bath time scare you. It’s a wonderful opportunity to bond with your child! The more comfortable and confident you feel the more fun it will – for both you and baby.
Here are some tips to make you a baby bathing pro in no time:
- Baby skin is sensitive – keep water temperatures between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit (invest in a baby bath thermometer) and purchase organic, chemical free soaps.
- Make bath time fun by playing with your baby first before washing. Keep the washing until the end. Soapy water can dry out baby’s skin and sometimes even contribute to urinary tract infections. Use organic soaps to keep your baby’s skin as healthy as possible.
- Soft washcloths won’t irritate your baby’s skin and use soft, gentle motions.
- Clean around the eyes and mouth with moistened cotton balls.
- Put the baby tub on some thick towels or a special mat to avoid slips and spills.
- Never leave your baby unattended. Babies can slide below the surface of the water or fall out of the tub in seconds. Your eyes should be on the child at all times.
- Lowering and lifting the baby should be done with a hand on the bottom and the back of the head.
- All done? Finish the spa experience with a nice fluffy towel and your favorite baby lotion or moisterizer.