Bridal Shower Angel Food Cake
Here’s a Angel Food Cake Recipe Perfect for Any Shower!
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Add granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks. (Rub just a bit of meringue between thumb and forefinger to feel if sugar is dissolved.) Beat in flavorings.
- Sift together flour, confectioners’ sugar and salt twice. Sift about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture over egg whites and gently fold just until flour disappears. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
- Pour into ungreased 10-by-4-inch tube pan. Gently cut through batter with metal spatula.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until top springs back when touched lightly with finger, 30 to 40 minutes. Invert cake in pan on funnel or bottle neck. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- With narrow spatula or knife, loosen cake from pan. Gently shake onto serving plate.
- Top with fruit or frost.
Recipe reprinted by permission of American Egg Board. All rights reserved and our partner store, Cooking.com
Date Added: 03/26/2010