Bridal Shower Recipes
Whether your planning a “sit-down ” or “buffet” style bridal shower or baby shower, this recipe is sure to please both the bride or the mommy-to-be and the other guests at your bridal or baby shower. Salads are great for all showers, but especially welcome in the Spring or Summer. We’ve had this at our block parties and it is really easy to make and very yummy!
Be sure to serve your salad in a festive serving bowl that matches your bridal shower theme or the theme for your Baby Shower. For a festive, elegant look, compliment your theme with beautiful cloth table toppers and contrasting cloth napkins. Eliminating plastic is also eco-friendly!
Chicken Salad Shower Recipe
‘¢ About 3 pounds boneless, skinless whole chicken breasts
‘¢ 1 cup Creme Frache or heavy cream
‘¢ 1/2 cup sour cream
‘¢ 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann
‘¢ 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch-long pencil strips
‘¢ 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
1/2 cup grapes, cut up apples or raisins
‘¢ 1 tablespoon crumbled dried tarragon
‘¢ Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large jelly-roll pan. Spread evenly with the creme frache and bake until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
3. Shred the meat into bite-size pieces and transfer to a bowl.
4. Whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise together in a small bowl and pour over the chicken mixture.
5. Add the celery, walnuts, grapes or raisins, tarragon, and salt and pepper, and toss well.
6. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours. Taste and correct the seasoning before serving.
Serve in clear bowl with platter of croissants or rolls.
Our thanks to KraftyKid.com for this recipe!
Do you have a favorite Bridal Shower or Baby Shower Recipe? We’d love for you to share it with us!